Home » , » SCRAPS AND A FMQ QUILT ALONG

SCRAPS AND A FMQ QUILT ALONG


You’re probably wondering, what is this mess?  Pleasant Home is having a Sew Scraps Along.   Every Tuesday and Thursday there will be a tutorial and lots of inspiration the other days of the week.  Yesterday I saw the first tutorial and decided to do something with my scraps.  Last night I ironed a pile of my red, white, and blue scraps.  Now I have to cut them into 2.5” and 4.5” squares which will not be easy.  Every time I go to make a cut, a little voice inside me says, what if you need this for an applique.  Or, what if you need just this size for another quilt.  Then I get realistic.  These scraps have been in my scrap bin for over a year.  Every time I need a certain color for an applique, I don’t go through my scraps, I go to my stash.  My scrap pile just keeps growing.  Now is the time to take action.  I WILL cut these this afternoon!  I will!
 
I have another project I want to get involved in.  I want to learn to do free motion quilting.  Leah Day is having a Quilt Along Wednesday Free Motion Quilting video.  On Wednesdays, she will post a video showing the design(s) she’ll be working on, how to use it, and tips on how to quilt it.  Check it out here.  
 ♥
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger