Home » » IS A GRANNY SQUARE BLOCK FOR YOU?

IS A GRANNY SQUARE BLOCK FOR YOU?

I was so busy last week that I didn’t get much quilting/sewing done; however, I did want to show you this.  It is the Granny Square block.  I found the tutorial on Blue Elephant Stitches and had to try it.  The above is the block BEFORE it is trimmed into the square.

This is the block after I trimmed it.  This is a fun way to use your scraps and I enjoyed making the blocks.  However…
These three are as far as I intend to go with this block.  I have trouble with piecing and getting things to square up and though these three blocks may look square, they are off just a touch and that drives me crazy.  The tutorial was tremendous.  It is that I lack in piecing skills.  I spent this afternoon turning these three squares into a table runner for my DIL.  I’ll show it to you after it is finished.

I bet this is something you never before thought about making.  Life With Monkey shows you how to make hair curlers.  Check it out.
♥
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger