Home » , » WHAT ABOUT MAKING A BLOCK INTO A PICTURE?

WHAT ABOUT MAKING A BLOCK INTO A PICTURE?

Do you consider yourself a modern quilter?  I love the fresh, simple lines of these quilts and when I saw this block in Elizabeth Hartman’s new book, Modern Patch Work, I had to try it.  I love the size of this block.  It was much larger than I had thought it would be.  The finished block is 15” X 20”.  I placed it on the dark background thinking you could see the block better, however, now it is difficult to see the black sashing which really sets it off.
When I brought it upstairs from my sewing room to take a picture in natural light, it occurred to me how nice this block would look in a frame on the wall.  So I taped it to a picture I had hanging on the wall.  I love it.
Here is a picture at a slightly different angle.  I’m seriously considering about getting this block matted and framed.  It gives my family room a whole new, updated feeling.  Elizabeth's blog is Oh, Fransson!  Thanks Elizabeth!

On Another Note:  Anna Maria Horner has an interesting way to make circles.  Check it out!

Until next time,
♥
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger