Home » , » I'VE DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM

I'VE DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM

Honest to pete I do not know why I can’t sew a straight line. At first, I thought it was my ruler, but I think I've discovered the problem. I am the problem. I’ve been working on a new sample for the shop. Above is the block. I love appliqué and thought this quilt was right up my alley. However, I did not realize how much piecing was involved in the various blocks. I think I took the piecing rows apart three different times on each one of these blocks. Things still did not line up exactly, and I ended up slicing some parts off. Maybe I’m too obsessive about this, but I want everything to match exactly. Does anyone else have this problem?


This is another block. I am making the quilt in the black background, but wanted to make this block sample so people could see how it would look made up in the 30s prints. The above photograph better shows you the piecing involved in this block. Gads!
.
Reminder: Knotty Girls will meet at the Attic Window Quilt Shop on Tuesday, Dec 1st. This meeting replaces the one missed last week due to the holiday. The group will meet hold their regular meeting later this month.
.
Tall Grass Prairie Studio has an excellent tutorial on straight line quilting. Check it out.

Park City Girl has a great tutorial for making a Christmas stocking.

Happy Quilting,
Caroll

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger