Home » » I think I can come up for air!!

I think I can come up for air!!

I did not fall off the face of the earth, though I have nearly drowned in projects, both BIG and small in the past month. We have had the 3-day. 5-state, 12 store bus tour, the South Iowa Shop Hop, the AQS show, our annual Quilt Camp Retreat and numerous speaking engagements! It's all fun and it's all work, at the same time. I know I have the best job, so I try not to mumble where anyone will hear me. I'll work my way backward so you know I haven't been slacking...no trips to the Bahamas. Last night I spoke to the Knoxville Quilt Guild. Great food (as always), Great people and a Great pet-themed party. And to boot they listened patiently until well past all our bedtimes. Fred and I arrived home just after midnight. We chatted and watched for deer all the way home. I'm always pumped up after teaching or speaking, so it takes me a while to come back down to earth. Good thing I'm only addicted to fabric and coffee. Oh, yes, and there is that need for chocolate.

And before that was the weekend. We went to Camp Wesley Woods for our annual Retreat, just me and 29 of my closest friends. It was so much fun and as always, so much food. It takes a lot of fuel to quilt day and night and day and night and day!! We have already booked next year's Quilt Camp at Indianola, Iowa, for November 12, 13, 14, 2010. Plan to join us. I promised a Christmas Quilt Project. I'm writing it here, so someone will remind me. Who's in charge of that?

If you didn't get to the AQS Show, you missed a good one, again. What an inspiration! Just makes you want to quilt something! Anything! Everything! And it makes me think I can do it all. Kelly, from the Quilting Connection in Ames and I committed to the Husqvarna Viking Booth for next year. So we'll see you all there!
The day after AQS was my family's Thanksgiving (yes, we've had our turkey) November 1st, so Mom and Dad could get gone to Texas. We had 45-50 people at our house, actually at our Barn for dinner. I know what you're thinking, Joyce doesn't actually cook, so Fred did all the work for that dinner. You're right. And Pot Luck from a family of really good cooks. I sew, they cook. My life is good.

Tomorrow night is our Patches & Pieces Quilt Guild meeting, we'll be making our final plans for the Comfort & Joy Quilt Show. Another Good one, I'll bet!! And I LOVE the lighted Christmas Parade. For me, that's the beginning of the season.

More later, I promise!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger