- Bloggers make the world smaller. I have learned as I have blogged and read multiple quilting blogs over the past year, that quilting bloggers all around the world are similar. We not only have a love for quilting, but also as I look at their pictures I see we are all related, trying to make our homes prettier, make our lives softer, make something for those we love. Our homes reflect our love of quilting and our desire to create.
- Bloggers make the world better. No matter where you are around the world, when a wild fire strikes, a hurricane or earthquake hits, when a beloved family member is injured or there is another family tragedy, Bloggers are there to help. They want to know what they can do. They are there to try to make things better for you with their hands, their hearts, and their prayers.
- Bloggers make the world nicer. Giving away prizes on blogs, sharing recipes and patterns, are just a few ways Bloggers make the world nicer. They also like to share how-to tips and take the time and effort to create helpful tutorials.
- Bloggers make the world calm. Bloggers have helped me not to be so anxious. When I started reading other blogs and seeing pictures of their sewing rooms, I realized it is okay to be messy. It’s part of the creative process. It’s okay to let the world see. It’s okay to be me. Quilting bloggers also like to share funny things that have happened to them during their creative process and this helps me to feel not so stupid or so alone.
- Bloggers make the world fun. It takes creativity and dedication to come up with ideas for Make It Monday, Tool Time Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Thrifty Thursday, and Fabric Friday. Think about it. You are committed to having a new post on your chosen subject every week. That takes a lot of work and dedication. However, it sure is fun for those of us who read the blogs and eagerly look forward to the next post. Maybe I will write about Silly Saturday, or Something Sunday, or …..Oh, well, I will have to think about that.
I want to thank all my blogging friends for making this a fun and fabulous year.
The new Attic Window Newsletter is out. You can download it on the sidebar.
The Painted Quilt has a First Friday Freebie. This month she has the cutest Christmas Eve stocking done in redwork. Check it out.