Home » » A FINISH AND WIP

A FINISH AND WIP

This is my most recent finish.  The blocks are from My Whimsical Quilt Garden by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins from Piece O’ Cake Designs, which is my current work in progress (WIP).  After I had made the blocks and was putting them together, I decided that I didn’t want a quilt that large.  So, I took three of the blocks and made this wallhanging which is now hanging above the washer and dryer in my laundry room.
These are the blocks that ended up in the quilt.  I still have to decide on the narrow inside border and make the appliqués for the outside border. 

I took the WIP to the Attic Window Quilt Shop to find a fabric for the inner border.  It is only about an inch wide and the pattern calls for yellow.  I didn’t like what I had and couldn’t decide on one of the many beautiful fabrics at the shop.  Vickie (fellow quilter and teacher) suggested that I make the borders first, bring them and the quilt back to the shop and then see what color of fabric might work best for that inner border.  Above you can see that I have appliqués pinned to one border.  I think she is right.  This will help me determine the color of fabric I need or even if I want to add that inner border.  What do you think?  Suggestions will be appreciated.
This is the one block that I have left.  I think I’m going to make it into another wallhanging, similar to what I did here.  

Atkinson Designs has all kinds of tutorials – from art binder to foot warmer.  Check it out!

Stay Positive!
Caroll  
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger