Home » » I'M ASHAMED TO ADMIT THIS

I'M ASHAMED TO ADMIT THIS

It’s no secret. I love appliqué, but felt it necessary to try other ways of making a quilt since I’m always telling my students to do just that. The owner of the Attic Window Quilt Shop keeps telling me she’s going to make a piecer out of me yet. I’m still struggling with that. I’m far from perfect, but some how can manage. Anyway, I thought I’d better try the paper piecing technique that I blogged about recently. I had taken a class at the shop. I had even made a paper pieced block for the Around The World Quilting Bee. With confidence I went to The Sometimes Crafter and got the pattern of the flying geese in a circle. I read and re-read her directions, which are very well done. However, something went wrong along the way. Note that the top middle seam is hanging loose. Some of the material was not caught in the seam. Note the hole at the bottom left square. What happened there I don't know. When I showed my mother my block she said, “Maybe you better stick to appliqué.”

Hope you're having a better day than I am,
Til next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger