Home » » AROUND THE WORLD QUILTING BEE BLOCKS

AROUND THE WORLD QUILTING BEE BLOCKS

I finally finished three blocks this weekend for the Around The World Quilting Bee. This first one is for Sudi-Laura (Isaccs Mama). She asked us to make our blocks using fabrics from our scrap bag. She loves seeing what fabrics people have in their scrap bags, and hopes that making our block will cost us nothing more than postage to send it along its way around the world. I love using my red scraps.

This is for Lady Belle’s quilt. Her only instructions were that the block size is 12” square. Hope she likes this flower.

This block is for Katy Jones (I’m a Ginger Monkey). Her idea was for each of us to make a house and she would end up with a village of houses from all around the world. I thought that every village should have a university medical center (Thus the big M) and I included the cherry roof because it is a reminder of the Michigan Cherry crop and the National Cherry Festival in Traverse City. Did you know that Tart cherries are loaded with antioxidant or that it takes about 250 cherries to make a cherry pie? Michigan grows 75 percent of the nation's tart cherries. You will find these facts where I found them at Absolute Michigan.

Kathy has a nice tutorial for a spiderweb block. Check it out here.

The Quilting Book Lady has a recipe for home made hand cream. My hands have been so dry this past winter. I'm going to try this recipe and see if it works!

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger