Home » , , » FLOWERS FOR MOTHER'S DAY

FLOWERS FOR MOTHER'S DAY


Happy Mother’s Day everyone! I hope you’re having a great day. My kids will be here later this afternoon so I thought I’d show you my latest finish before they arrive. As you know, I love flowers, appliqué, and 30’s fabrics. When I saw the book “Flower Festival” by Kim Schaefer, I had to have it.

Some of you may have noticed that I’ve been making my blocks for the Around the World Quilting Bee from this book.

Don’t look too closely. My quilting on it leaves a lot to be desired as I was trying some new things, but the quilt itself is one of my favorites. The 30s fabrics are so fresh and clean looking. I think something subconscious might be going on here, as these fabrics remind me of my childhood.
.
Don’t forget to take a look at the calendar for the upcoming classes at the Attic Window this week. You don’t want to miss Chris’s Mystery Block or Carolyn E’s Quick Trio Table Runner. Lee Ann’s Chubby Charmer tote and Sue’s Journal and Fabric Sampler classes are on Wednesday and Vickie has her All Shook Up class Saturday.
.
Now, for something different. I hate waste. I love gathering all my scraps and “making fabric,” as shown here and here. I think this gives your quilt so much depth. Now Heather Reed of Holland Michigan has another way to make use of all those little scrap pieces. She has a great tutorial for making Confetti Fabric on her blog. I saw the finished product at the last Fiber Arts meeting and it is way too cool. I can’t wait to get started on a project of my own. Check it out here.

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger