Home » , » BREAKING ALL THE RULES

BREAKING ALL THE RULES

When I was growing up, I heard that you should never to wear pink and red or red and orange or orange and pink together. Like a good little girl, I followed the rules. I think one of my favorite things to do when quilting is break all those rules. When I saw what Carolyn E. had spread on the table today at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I thought about those rules. Then I thought that Carolyn E. was probably too young to even know about such things. These kids are so lucky today. Carolyn had this spread on the table so she could choose her border fabrics. Since I was there for First Saturday Bee, I had to give you a sneak peek of Carolyn's latest project. This is her original design and is called Make It Your Own Wallhanging or Quilt. Her two-day class starts this Friday during the day. She will have an evening session starting on July 20th. I love this pink and orange combination. I’m gathering my fabrics now because I want to take this class. I hope you will join us.

A lot was going on this morning at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and I wanted to show you some other things. During Show N Tell, Jeanne Bird showed us her newest wall hanging. She put her creative talents to work and took the last free pattern that was on the back of our Calendar, and added to it and came up with this wonderful idea that is just perfect for spring.

I would never have thought of putting these fabrics together, but I fell in love with this quilt that Cindy made. Eclectic Garden is the name of this quilt. Kits are available at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

This fun group of women today proudly displayed their blocks for this month’s Sampler for me (I had to do a little pleading). What a great group. I’m so glad they are willing to share all their talents.
.
I really kept this link because I have teenage grandchildren that I thought would like it. Then I thought maybe you have teenagers too or would like to make some of these unique bracelets for your younger friends. Lil Blue Boo makes these bracelets out of old t-shirt fabric.

Bloomin Workshop has a tutorial on Birds. Really cute!

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger