Home » » NEW TEACHERS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW

NEW TEACHERS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW


I’d like to introduce you to Jill Moore who is one of the new teachers at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Jill is retired and now spends much of her time showing/training dogs.  At a recent show in Reno, Nevada, Jill and her Boston terrier won the number one spot in the country in the obedience category.   In her spare time, Jill quilts.  Her area of expertise is applique.  “I like to applique small pieces,” she said.  “The smaller the better.” 

There must be a hundred different ways to do applique.  Jill said that she took her first class from Chris here at the shop about four years ago.  She bought a pattern and started messing around and developed her own technique for applique.

I think I showed you this picture before.  This is the quilt that Jill will use for teaching her unique method of appliqué.  Aren’t these ducks darling!  From what I understand, Jill's method of applique is very different from what I do.  I'm anxious to learn her technique as I want to learn how to deal with those very small pieces.

This is Marcie P., another new teacher at the Attic Window.  Marcie has been coming to the shop for years and some of you may have seen her excellent hand quilting. 

Marcie says her classes will concentrate on making YoYos and English Paper Piecing.  Above are some of the items that members of her class will be working on. If you love handwork you will love taking a class with Marci and will gain much from her expertise.

We had a teacher’s meeting last night and I am so excited about all the new classes on the June-November schedule.  I’ll show you some more pictures tomorrow of another new teacher and class samples.  You will be amazed at what these women do.

 Check out Allie's blog for lots of great links to gift ideas.  Get started on those Christmas gifts NOW.

Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger