Home » » SCHAMBER'S WINNING QUILT

SCHAMBER'S WINNING QUILT

Yesterday I told you about the class I took and the tips I learned from Sharon Schamber when the West Michigan Quilt Guild brought her to Grand Rapids.   As promised, I want to show you pictures of Sharon’s quilt that won Best in Show at Houston 2010!  Isn’t it awesome!  Click on the pictures to get a closer view.

The top prize winner, Mystique by Sharon Schamber, features traditional elements such as pointy mariner's compasses and this beautiful quilting using black thread.

Sharon said it took her four years to complete this quilt.  The intricate stitching gives a very different impression up-close than from a distance.


This is another view of this magnificent quilt.  I can’t get over the intricate stitching with the black thread.  Sharon said that she does not use any rulers.  This quilting is all done free-hand.

Sharon said that the quilt is done in four pieces and then connected by using hand-made filigree fabric for a see-through effect.
This is another picture of the filigree work on the edge of the quilt. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this magnificent quilt and that it has inspired you to practice your free motion quilting.

The Idaho Quilter has a tutorial for a quilt as you go table runner.  I think I'll make it and practice my free motion quilting

Stay Positive!
Caroll  
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger