Home » » the real thing.....

the real thing.....

Yesterday was our April Groovy Girl class.  I love my Groovy Girl class.  The quilters that come are now friends, not just students.  They came in happy to see each other, filled with smiles and stories.
I think it took me about 10 minutes to get started, while I waited for them to watch what I was doing.  I didn't mind in the least.  I love watching them laugh and enjoy each other's company.  There were several times during the class where we laughed and shared stories.  It just made me smile all day.
I know online classes are popular now, but in an online class you are alone, just you and the computer. There is no one to share your frustration when you sew something wrong, no one to admire your work, no one there to make you laugh or smile.  Online classes have their benefits, you can go to class in your pajamas in the middle of the night, but classes at your local quilt shop offer so much more.  They give you the opportunity to be with other quilters, make new friends, share stories, and learn so much more.
If you ask the instructor in an online class a question, you have to wait till they e mail you back, in a real quilt shop class, you get an answer right away.
Think about trying a "real" class soon.  We promise you a wonderful time!  We'll even let you wear your pajamas if you want!

So what is new at the Quilt Shop.....
These beautiful new fabrics from Moda
I already bought half yard cuts of about 4 of them.... but the rest are calling my name. 
When I was little my mom and dad's living room was decorated in these colors... I always remember that pink couch!  :)  Oh so 1950's.  
We open at 9 this morning... come on over and see what is new. 
Sign up for a class while you are there...
Virtual BERNINA club is Saturday April 20th
Our next Groovy Girl class is May 5th
Plus there is still room in our Mystery Block of the Month.
Come join us!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger