Home » » REVERSE APPLIQUE SCRAPS

REVERSE APPLIQUE SCRAPS

I was giddy while stitching away on these lovely bright blocks, yet as time wore on my mind began to wonder what could I possibly do with the pile of scraps …

...that was beginning to look like this (above).

I pulled out individual pieces to see what I had.

I’m still creating scraps. After I cut the cornerstones I sewed them together to make these squares. But what do I do with all the scraps? I can’t throw them out. The fabrics are far too beautiful to ignore. Something inside me puts on the breaks and yells no no no you can’t let them end up in a landfill. They are calling my name saying, create create create.

So I cut apart some of that outside circle square and started sewing and came up with this. Now I’m trying to decide – should I square it up? Can it be squared without loosing too much of the lovely fabric? Should I add some curved pieces? Maybe I can make three different applique blocks: circle, this strange square, and bars. My goal is to use up the beautiful fabric. Maybe use it in a quilt top, or use it in the backing for the quilt that started all this anguish.

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Should I applique them onto a square white background? Or should I try to piece them together? Or just use them somehow on the back of the quilt I’m making? I’d love some feedback.

I’ll keep you posted as I progress.
Do you have trouble picking colors for your quilts. Maybe this new toy will be of help. Try out this new fun tool, the color scheme designer to help you decide on colors.
Quilting On A Budget has a great tutorial on making wonky squares. She says: (WONKY : Pronunciation [wong-kee] –adjective) .
Until Next Time: Happy Quilting
Caroll


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger