Home » » Sunday Afternoon Stitching...

Sunday Afternoon Stitching...


Gotta love those Sundays! I'm voting for at least two a week. The Grandgirls and I sewed and sewed and ironed yesterday afternoon. The seven year old assured me she was big enough to sew without me, so she did! Even figured out how to up the speed. They sew bits of fabric together and make long strips, which I straighten with the rotary cutter, then they sew them into rows. The bits of fabric are often swatches from distributors (why would anyone waste a two or three inch square of fabric). The girls love them and sort them by type: flowers, kids prints, outdoors, etc. But often by the time they get to the girl's drawer, they are wrinkly and need to be pressed. It has been my job, until yesterday. We had the safety speech and they took over my job. The 6 year old suffered (far more than she needed to) a burn on her hand. But Papa came to the rescue with a cold wash cloth and antibacterial creme. She's our accident prone drama queen!!

I got several new projects started! Wouldn't be Sunday without a new one or two or three. I put the binding on a large needle-punched art piece that needed bias binding. I sacrificed a great piece of fabric by cutting two bias strips right out of the middle. One of those pieces, we'll never see again and now it is two triangles. Guess I'll have to go shopping for one to replace it! I started a Halloween piece with the new "Scribble Monsters" from Clothworks. I'm adding border upon border to a really cute panel. A sample for my borders and bindings class at the Clarinda Guild next week. The other piece I finished the top of a great new pattern (yes, I know, a real pattern) called Trophy Case. Oriental fabrics with a free-form curved back made from the scraps.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger