Home » , » MODERN MONDAY QAL AND OTHER NEWS

MODERN MONDAY QAL AND OTHER NEWS

I’m back from taking classes with Mary Lou Weidman which were held in beautiful West Virginia.  What a treat! I can't wait to tell you all about it.  I’ll post pictures later this week.

Today, however, it is time for the Modern Monday Block Quilt Along.  Above is the block I finished in the nick of time!  It doesn’t look all that wonky.  Go figure.  If I wanted precise I would never be able to do it!  Anyway, go check out Lynn’s blog and see what her block looks like, then hop over to Jennifer’s blog and get the pattern for this week.

On another note:  As you know Barb of Bejeweled Quilts and I are hosting Reindeer Games which will start on the May 11th.  I noticed on her blog that she has asked the question

 “...do you want to see the whole quilt before you commit?  Do you want it all to be a secret until the end?  What do most BOM's do?  Ours will be bi monthly (BMB)....and Remember, Caroll's quilt will be different, we are going to give virations.....”

You can go to her blog and see the rest of her post, but I thought maybe I should ask you the same question.  Barb is doing her quilt in appliqué (very cute) and I have done mine in redwork.   To help you prepare for the “games” you should know that Barb’s blocks are on a blue snowflake background and are 12” square.  Our patterns are the same size, so you don’t have to worry about that, but I did make my blocks 9” square.  I’m sure you have other questions, so just leave a comment and I’ll try to answer them.  I’ll post more about this tomorrow.

Now for the fun stuff:  Lynn at Alamosa Quilter has a tutorial for a lattice quilt.  Be sure and check it out!


Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger