Home » » AUNT MILLIE'S BLOCK #5

AUNT MILLIE'S BLOCK #5

Above is another Aunt Millie’s block. I don't know what's wrong with my camera, maybe it's the lighting, but the background has a green cast to it. It really is white. I'm using the same background for all the blocks. I am not happy with the center either but decided to move on. I must have purchased at least 100 FQs over the past month trying to find just the right color combination. I think I have enough centers cut out and discarded to make an entire quilt. Anyway, if I find something in the future before I actually get the quilt put together I can change it then.

Thanks so much to everyone for your comments. I value all your suggestions about what I should do with my teapots. As you can see above I chose to go with the buttonhole stitch in black, but I’m using only one strand of floss. I did try other colors of floss but wasn’t satisfied with the effect, then I tried the straight stitch and didn’t think that gave me the definition I wanted, therefore, the buttonhole stitch.

I just discovered a new blog (well, new to me) by a fellow Michigander and hope you’ll give her a visit. Allie-Oops Sweet Happy Life has a free stitchery that is just darling.

Until Next Time, Happy Quilting,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger