Home » » THOSE CRAZY ARTISTS ARE AT IT AGAIN

THOSE CRAZY ARTISTS ARE AT IT AGAIN

I know this is not quilting related, but I had to show you Nessie, Grand Rapids’ version of the Lockness Monster. Have your heard about Art Prize? It is an art contest going on in our town and has received national attention. Nessie is a 100-foot sculpture that weighs 5000 pounds and sits in the Grand River. I just love creative people.



This moose is completely made of nails and stands well over my head so he must be at least 6 feet. Imagine putting this together one nail at a time!!



An artist put this painted table and chairs on top of the bridge. People are already talking about another contest next year. Artists of all mediums entered this contest. I think someone should enter a quilt. What kind of quilt would be attention getting, would be something special to make the judges sit up and take notice? I am open to suggestions.


Now back to quilting: Do you like primitives? Check out The Chocolate Crow Trader for lots of free patterns.

Piece In The Hoop has a nice tutorial for making those bags that I blogged about earlier. I like how she did the handles and did her embroidery on the side. Very nice. Check it out.

Until Next Time, Happy Quilting,
Caroll

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger