Home » » HOW TO USE UP THOSE SCRAPS!

HOW TO USE UP THOSE SCRAPS!

How would you like to make this heart tablerunner at no cost to you? You can do that by using your scraps. Use up that batting too; just butt and zigzagged pieces together. I love “making fabric” and you will too. It’s so easy.

When I cleaned and reorganized my sewing room, I also sorted my scraps. I put the long strips in one pile and those I would cut into squares in another pile. I was left with a pile I didn’t know what to do with. I sorted them by color and put the various colors into bags. This is my pile of red scraps.
The other night I was bored, and figured I had better do something to keep my hands busy so I wouldn’t eat. I went into my sewing room, grabbed a bag of red scraps and started sewing pieces together. I would slice off a jagged edge so I could attach another piece. As the new “piece of cloth” grew, I had to decide what to do with it. Since I was using red, and Valentines Day is nearing, I thought a heart appropriate. I didn’t know how many hearts I could get out of the pile, but I just plugged away.


This is the tablerunner that I ended up with. Mary Lou Weideman says that quilters put their projects aside when they lose the mystery. Using your scraps in this manner is a mystery from beginning to end. This project is still sort of a mystery because I need to figure out what to use for the binding. I think it will make a nice gift, don’t you?
.
Speaking of things to do with scraps, check out Freda's Hive She has a nice string tutorial. I love her idea and am going to try it next. Make fabric for free!

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger