Home » , » WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SCRAPS

WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SCRAPS

I have decided scraps are good. After cleaning and reorganizing my sewing room and discovering all the scraps I had, I was determined to make use of them. I made this lap quilt completely from those scraps. The sashing, binding, backing and batting was from my stash. This quilt will be given to the women at the Attic Window Quilt Shop who donate their time, money, batting and fabric to make quilts for those in a wheelchair, which they donate to the Veterans Administration. I am giving this to them for distribution. This is a very worthy cause and you do not need to come to the shop to work on one of these quilts (though it would be fun to join the group and socialize a bit). You can make these quilts in your own home. The Quilts for Wheels group will be glad to take your finished project for distribution.

What I have discovered though is that making something out of scraps generates more scraps. This is the left over backing, sashing and binding. I will just add them to my scrap box and use them when making another quilt. This has been so much fun and so rewarding that I recommend that you put your scraps to good use and make a donation project.
PS: I forgot to tell you that this was done as part of Loft Creation's No Strings Challenge. Check it out. She has some great ideas as to what to do with those scraps.

Quilt Soup has a new free pattern out. It's called Petal Path and is really cute.

In case you missed it in the Country Register, the Noble Wife has a free stitchery for you. Very cute.

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger