Home » , , » PURSES AND TWILLING

PURSES AND TWILLING

Cindy teaches bag making at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. She has so many samples that she decided to get rid of a few. Stop in at the shop and take a look. You may find one or two that you want to purchase. Look for Cindy’s upcoming bag classes on the calendar on the sidebar.

Cindy’s mother Barb David teaches twilling at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. This year she is teaching how to make larger twilling blocks, many with hearts in the design. This can also be a quilt-as-you-go. Twilling Club meets the second Thursday of the month or third Thursday of the month. Don't you just love the above sample!


This is another sample. Barb does wonderful work and we’re hoping she will get this technique into a book soon.

When cleaning and reorganizing my sewing room I found this twilling block that I made when taking Barb’s class a couple years ago. My stitches are not as fine as hers, but twilling is a fun thing to do. I’ll soon have a wedding quilt of all twilling blocks finished. (Of course, my granddaughter was married over a year ago, but better late than never, right!)

Quilting on Turtle Hill has a great tutorial for making whirlgig blocks with two charm packs.

I love to dabble and try new techniques. I’ve never done any fabric dying before, but when I saw this tutorial I thought maybe I’d give it a try. Take a look at The Matchbook. It shows you how to make your own batik with flour paste.

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger