Home » , » DO YOU FEEL SAFE?

DO YOU FEEL SAFE?

“When our soul feels safe, when we have relationships that nurture us, then our souls feel safe to grow and create.”
.
I read this some place and thought about my relationship with the quilting world. When I first started quilting, I was often amazed about how the women would ohh and ahh over a quilt that I thought not to my liking. Over the years I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone at the Attic Window Quilt Shop tell another person during show-n-tell that their work was terrible and they should have done this or that. Somewhere along the way it dawned on me: Quilters are nurturing and giving and realize that even though that pattern might not be to their liking or that the color choice is not theirs, others are proud of what they do and that is what matters. The above quote is true. When our soul feels safe, we feel safe to create. What do you think? Has the quilting world made you feel safe to create? Are you able to experiment, screw up, learn, and experiment again without fear of someone trash talking about it? Let me know what makes you feel safe.
.
I made the above windmill quilt out of 30s fabrics from my stash. My 30s stash is in great need of reduction so I’ve been trying to use them up. The aqua border lends a more modern touch to those 30s fabrics, don’t you think?



These coloring book bags are for my dear friend who has three little ones. I filled them with coloring books and crayons to help the little ones stay busy during the summer when there is “nothing to do.”

I love this new site I found (new to me). It even has free quilt classes on line. Hope over and take a look at the Lyn Brown Quilt Blog

Quilt, Knit, Run Sew has a great way to audition your quilting design before you start to sew.

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger