Home » » SHOW AND TELL AT THE ATTIC WINDOW

SHOW AND TELL AT THE ATTIC WINDOW

When I was at the Attic Window Quilt Shop yesterday, the 30’s Bee was in session and the women had some nice finished projects for show-n-tell. Today I will show you the Christmas quilt that Wilma V. made. She said it was a BOM several years ago, and she decided to finish the project. I can see why it took some time to complete this quilt. Note the intricate piecing and elaborate appliqué blocks. Wilma did the appliqué by using the fusing method. I admire Wilma. She has been a sewer and quilter for years, but still has an open mind and is eager to learn new things. She said she had never used the 30’s fabrics before but is now interested in using them. Although fusing appliqué is easier, she is also interested in learning my freezer paper method. What an inspiration she is.


This is a close up of one of her blocks. I love the detail. Check out that fringe on the purse and the careful even buttonhole stitches around each fused piece. What a talented lady. Thanks for sharing, Wilma.

What do you do with all your quilts? Are you like me and would hang more of them in your house if you only knew how? I have just the answer. Take a look at Generations Quilt Patterns. There is a tutorial on how to make a Hang It Dang It Wall Hanger.

Until next time,

Caroll

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger