Home » » AROUND THE WORLD QUILTING BEE BLOCKS

AROUND THE WORLD QUILTING BEE BLOCKS

I have had so many things to show you lately that I haven’t had a chance to show you the blocks I made for the Around The World Quilting Bee. Remember, the theme this year is Christmas.

This first block (above) is for Jen. She sent along special fabrics for us to include in our block. This block is made with the paper piecing method. Not my forte, but I think it turned out okay. Hope she likes it.


This is Dionne’s block. It’s supposed to look like a Christmas present. Actually, it is the State of Michigan block that I found at Bellaonline.com. It really does look like a wrapped gift, doesn’t it? This block is made with straight, old fashioned piecing.


This block is for Patty. It has been a while since I finished this block and sent it on its way. I think I recall there being several of trees in her other blocks and that’s why I chose this design. I like it because I was able to appliqué this block.



And I must have made this for someone in the group, but I can’t remember who. It is on its way around the world. If you are reading this and it is in the collection you now have, please let me know who it belongs to so that I can put a name on it.

Don’t forget that Quilts On The Grand 2010 starts this week. Over 250 quilts are being featured. There is also a vendor mall and a small quilt auction. The show is Oct 1 – 3 at the DeltaPlex Arena, 2500 Turner Avenue, NW, Grand Rapids, MI. Admission is $8. Proceeds will benefit the Tie That Binds Fund at the Neonatal Unit at Spectrum Butterworth and the Covenant Enabling Residence, Faith House.

Sew Mama Sew has a tutorial for a three ring binder pencil pouch. What a great idea for those school kids, young and old. Think Christmas Gift!
.
Stay Positive!

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger