Home » » AUNT MILLIE'S BLOCK #10

AUNT MILLIE'S BLOCK #10

This is my latest Aunt Millie’s block. I know….I know the flowers are not all alike and not symmetrical, but this block has been a problem since day one. I had a heck of a time choosing fabrics. Then the flower itself gave me a lot of trouble as I used the needle-turn method and I really have yet to master that. There comes a time when you just have to quit fretting about it. So, this is it. It’s staying as is. I’m just glad this one is done. What I enjoy most is searching blogs for pictures of what others do with these same blocks. It’s fun to seeing their fabric choices, how neat and symmetrical each one is. They give me inspiration. I can do better and will do better next time. We should have a show-n-tell blog just devoted to Aunt Millie blocks.
.
Don’t forget all the classes being held at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week. Jan V is teaching a couple beginning appliqué classes. I think she teaches needle-turn so, I better attend. I need the help. Julie’s Doll Bee meets Thursday. Chris has a beginning Intermediate Quilting class on Friday. You can make either a Rail Fence or a Single Irish Chain pattern. Vickie is teaching A Little Off Kilter on Saturday. There is also a Make It Take It Class Saturday where Chris will be teaching Paper Piecing (another one I should attend).

Quilt Patterns From Seattle has a Flowers In My Window quilt pattern for you. If you scroll down you will see other patterns that you might like to download.
Stay Positive!

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger