Home » » WMQG QUILTS ON THE GRAND

WMQG QUILTS ON THE GRAND

This picture is of one of the raffle quilts at the Quilts On The Grand Quilt Show. It is stunning and I wanted to share it with you. Holland Tulips was beautifully done by the Colonial Quilter Bee and machine quilted by Char Koppenal.

There were so many beautiful quilts at the Show, I wish I could show them all. As it was I just took pictures of those I want to remember, the ones that sparked my imagination, or urged me on to finish a UFO. I took this one of the baskets because I thought it was a great way to use up those scraps! Zippy Baskets is by Jan Landry and is a modern rendition of an antique basket quilt pattern.

I have a snail trail that I’ve been working on for five years. Well, maybe I should re-word that as I only have two blocks done. It’s in my UFO pile. I have good intentions. Happy Trails Through the Galaxy is by Marilyn Epavier. I’m using this picture as my inspiration and prod to get back to that UFO. I really admire anyone who can do piecing like this.


I took this picture because I like it’s whimsy. Underwater Adventure was designed and created by Bobbie Vruggink and her kindergarten class. It was quilted by Bonnie Vruggink. Isn’t it darling? I bet her students are so proud.

Assemblage is by Julia Voake. It is a canvas fabric layered with batting. Fabric pieces were machine appliquéd then various objects were hand stitched on. I love the order and elegance of this piece. The show was awesome, and if you get a chance get on over to the Delta Plex. The show goes through Sunday.

Saw this on Peas In A Pod blog. Click on her link to get a free Amy Butler pattern.
Stay Positive!

Until next time,
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger