Home » » challenges

challenges


Right before New Years Day you hear a lot about resolutions, what are you going to do in the new year. You always hear the same ones, lose weight, exercise, etc. Have you ever thought about challenging yourself to do something new. I am trying this on Saturday. For the past few months I have been going to Spin classes at the gym. I love it, you sit on this bike, and ride for 45 minutes. There is a instructor who tells you to stand or sit, turn up the resistance, etc. The best part is you can totally ignore the instructor and just ride your own ride. On Saturday the gym I go to is having a spin challenge, a 2 hour spin class. I've never ridden for 2 hours before. I've done a 45 minute class, a 60 minutes class, and a few times I've done 2 45 minute classes back to back, but never a 2 hour class. My plan.... sit in the back, and try to ride the best I can.
Have you tried to challenge yourself with your quilting? Sometimes we get stuck in the same old routine, always making the same kind of quilt. Have you tried paper piecing? Have you tried curved seams? Have you tried applique? I'm going to try something new. I've always loved the New York Beauty pattern. I want to try it. I tried it once a looooooong time ago, but maybe I will do it better this time!
Our schedule at the store will be: Thursday Dec 30th our hours are 9-5. We are closed Friday and Saturday for New Years. We will be open from 12-4 on Sunday. That is if I make it through this 2 hour spin class on Saturday.
Have a wonderful New Years.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger