Home » » MODERN MONDAY BLOCKS AND A QUESTION - WHY?

MODERN MONDAY BLOCKS AND A QUESTION - WHY?

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I got some sewing done and I’d like to tell you about it and ask a question.  I finally decided to tackle the Modern Monday Quilt Along quilt and put the blocks together.  I had hoped to do something different, but in the end I sashed each block and put them together in rows.  I chose three different gray fabrics for the sashings.  So I started out sashing these 21 blocks in a dark gray.
Then I sashed another 21 in a lighter gray fabric.
 Then I sashed the rest of the blocks in this light gray fabric!  Whew!  I was exhausted when I completed all that cutting, sewing and pressing!
 Then I placed the blocks on the family room carpet to get an idea of where I wanted them and gathered them together in marked rows.  That’s Mo helping in the background.  Why do cats think it is their duty to lay on any piece of fabric you place on the floor?  She’s probably not too happy at me right now because I shooed her away.
 Then, there was MORE cutting and pressing and stitching!!!!! 
Here are the blocks sewn together.
This is a close up.  Now, my question is, why do people complain about appliqué?  When I teach my freezer paper method of appliqué, people usually turn their nose up and complain about all that prep work.  Geeze!  It is no way as time consuming or back breaking as what I did this weekend!  And I’m not through yet! Now I have to study the quilt and try to figure out how on earth I’m going to quilt it!  Gads, what I don’t do for my grandson! ;O)

Check out the Calendar on the Sidebar
.  There are several new classes this week, including Fab Five Fun, Fast & Flirty with Carolyn E; Little Duffle with Cindy S.; E-Reader Cover with Sue.   You can see details about these and other classes on the calendar on the Sidebar or call the shop for information and to register.

On Another NoteVal Spiers Sews has a nice tutorial and links for making hexagon coasters!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger