Home » » GREAT WAY TO USE REDUCE YOUR STASH

GREAT WAY TO USE REDUCE YOUR STASH

On a previous post I had a link to Patchwork of Mini Grey for making this wonky block.   It’s hot here in Michigan and I decided to take my own advice and go downstairs and sew where it is cool.  I found that this block is a great way to use up your stash.  I looked at all my fabrics, asked what I had the most of, and pulled nine different blue fabrics together.  Then I cut a 10-inch square from each fabric.  (A layer cake would have been wonderful.)  
Fellow quilter Rosie teases me about my patchwork.  She knows I am not fond of it, mainly because I am not good at it.  So, Rosie, I hope you are reading this because you will be so proud of me.  I made these blocks all by myself.
My blocks trimmed up to be 9 ½ inches square.  I don’t know why Helen's were only 7 ½ inches.  I also don’t know how she got a different fabric in each square.  I tried.  I even took out some squares and re-sewed them but never did manage to figure out how to have nine different fabrics in each block.  I think I got mixed up when I sewed, then ironed, then re-stacked and cut.  Maybe next time I will first number each fabric.  Then when I do the “shuffle” each time before I cut, I will know what square to put on top.  Do you think I could get the different fabrics in each square if I did that?  Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

I love small pick-up projects during this time of year.  I can take them with me and sit on the deck and sew. Barb of Bejeweled Quilts has a link to Homeberries.  You’ll love all the free stitchery patterns. 
Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger