Home » » JUST HAD TO TRY THIS

JUST HAD TO TRY THIS

I must have the attention span of a gnat.  Instead of finishing the blue wonky blocks that I recently posted about, I went blog hopping and found something else I had to try.  I stopped by Lily’s Quilts.  She is having a Hex A Long and I was interested in learning about it.  On her blog she has several links to hexagon tutorials.  So, naturally, I had to go visit.  I found a wonderful tutorial on Freshly Pieced that I had to try it.  This is the first block I made.

And this is the second one.  Each block is completely quilted and bound.
A picture on Lily’s Quilts shows sewing the hexagons together like you would for Grandmother’s Flower Garden.  That would be nice for a table topper or place mat or hot pad. 
I think I’ll use mine as small mug rugs.
You can get a template on the Freshly Pieced blog.  I didn’t do that, thinking I already had the right size.  I’m not sure about that as after I made my blocks, I measured my template.  If you measure one side it is 1.5 inches and measures 3 inches at the widest point.  They were sure fun to make and a great way to use up my scraps.

The Attic Window Quilt Shop will be a vendor at the Grand Haven Quilt Show this Friday and Saturday, July 29 and 30, from 10 – 5 at St. Patrick’s Center.  More than 150 quilts will be on display.  Admission is $5.

Mark your calendar now for the Fall Shop Hop in Sept. 22-24 and Oct. 1.  Call the shop for further details.
Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger