Home » » MAY TODAY THERE BE PEACE WITHIN!

MAY TODAY THERE BE PEACE WITHIN!

 Well my second day of piecing didn’t go as well. I think I felt a little like Karen did on Ramblings of a Novice Quilter. I swear I followed the directions precisely.  I measured and re-measured before I cut.  I accurately drew my sewing lines.  And I still came out with this (above).  The two blocks above yesterday’s block are supposed to accurately fit the Sunburst block.  These two blocks together look way too big to me.
I took the two blocks apart and measured each one.  Each block was supposed to measure 5 inches.  That’s what the book said!  When I re-read the directions, I couldn’t see how that would happen since each blade was supposed to be cut 1 ¼ inches or 1 ½ inches. (there are 7 blades)
I thought there must have been a typo (it happens), so I took the block apart and made sure each blade was cut to 1 ¼ inches. (Yes, I have a little problem with math!)  I put the pieces back together and the block is still too large. (Sorry about the smudge on these last two photos.  I was trying to get the glare out.  I have Photoshop Elements 6 and if anyone could tell me how to do this I’d appreciate it.) 
I put my flawed blocks into the UFO pile and went back to my applique.  The reason I started this little piecing venture it the first place was because I was bored with sewing circles on my Whimsical Quilt Garden.  Sewing circles may be boring but at least it’s not as frustrating as my little piecing venture.

However, I did see a Summer Sampler Series on Freshly Pieced that I would like to try.  Check it out.  
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger