Home » » Memories of 9/11

Memories of 9/11

This day has been a day of memories, remembering where you were, who you were with, etc.  I remember being at recess, seeing the most beautiful blue sky.  One of our teacher aides came out to tell us what was going on.  We were told not to tell the kids, to just have a normal day.  I remember the teachers huddled around the tv in the teachers room at lunch.  I remember our Vietnamese parents picking up their children with fear in their eyes. 

A few days later we started making flag wall hangings at the Quilt Shop.  So many people came to make a flag, sewers, non sewers, it didn't matter.  They were keeping their hands busy, to help heal their hearts.  

I remember that is when I started collecting patriotic fabrics!  I still collect patriotic fabric and probably always will. 

Never forget,

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger