Home » » another reason it's good to sew

another reason it's good to sew

I think this month goes down as one of the hardest months ever.  The tragedy in Newtown CT affected us all, but it really hit home to elementary school teachers.  When we walked back into school on Monday we looked at our classrooms with a different eye.... there were tears, hugs, encouraging words all around.  We fell apart each morning between 8 and 8:45, but the minute the kids arrived we put on our smiles and started our day just like we always did.
Sleeping has been a challenge for all of us!
I'm lucky, when I wake up at 2 or 3, I go down to my sewing room, pet my fabrics, and figure out a new project.  I finished all of my holiday sewing about 4 days early.  3 Tahiti tote bags, 6 scarves, and 2 table runners.  No big quilts this year..... but that's ok, some years are like that. 
Slowly things are returning to normal.  I'm sorry I haven't posted but I'm back!

So what is new at the Quilt Shop?  We still have our 5 minute scarf kits for your last minute gifts...... come on over to get yours!
We are working on our new "winter" schedule.  Lots of new things.... some favorite things. 
I'll post more later..... off to start a new proejct at 3:17 a.m.   :)

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger