Home » , , » HAVE YOU TRIED THIS BASTING METHOD?

HAVE YOU TRIED THIS BASTING METHOD?

Between baking and shopping and family, I have been able to spend a small amount of time in my sewing room, fortunately.  I say fortunately because I noticed that I get a bit cranky if I don’t get to fondle my fabric.  So today I hand basted this heart table runner.  I blogged earlier about it here.

I used the method that Sharon Schamber uses.  In this video she shows you how to use boards when basting a quilt.  I took a class from her when the West Michigan Quilter’s Guild brought her to town.  I like this method and feel that it secures the three pieces of the sandwich and keeps me from worrying about wrinkles. 
Notice the masking tape around the edges.  This Knife Edge binding that the magazine (where I found the pattern) describes is very different from those I saw on the Net.  I put on the masking tape as a guide so I would know when quilting, not to stitch beyond this point.  Maybe after the holidays I’ll get a chance to actually quilt it.

On Another Note:  Pink Chalk Studio has a tutorial for a water bottle carrier that I think is pretty cool!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger