Home » , » HAVE YOU MADE A BED RUNNER?

HAVE YOU MADE A BED RUNNER?


Have you ever thought about making a bed runner?  I love the concept and when I saw the pattern for Pinwheel Piñata in the book Quilt Fiesta, I had to make it.   I liked the pattern because it incorporates both piecing and appliqué.  Most of the designs in this book are based on Mexican tiles.  According to the designer, Cheryl Lynch, the pinwheel tile reminds her of the Dresden Plate block.   I thought these beautiful fabrics would brighten up my mother’s bedroom.  

This is a close-up of the bed runner.  It didn’t turn out exactly as I had envisioned.  I think I should have chosen a different background fabric.  However, I think it will work.  As the author said, “better to finish your project than to fret over it.”  Now I’m on the lookout for some batiks as I want to make a bed runner for my room.  

Attention:  Mark your calendar now for the June Shop Swap.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is swapping with Quilted Memories in Montague.  This is how it works:  You register at one of the shops to participate.  On June 10 & 11 (Friday & Saturday) and on June 17 & 18 (Friday & Saturday) you go to one of the shops to start your project.  Here you will receive a project kit,  have a wonderful lunch, and enjoy the day sewing with others.  Then the next day (It can be anyone of the days above) you go to the other shop to get the rest of your project kit, lunch, and have a great time sewing all day long!  Several who participated last year told me how much fun this Swap is.  Call the Attic Window Quilt Shop for further details.  

Here’s something new.  Woman's Day has a darling miniature appliqué quilt pattern.
Stay Positive!
Caroll  
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger