Home » , » MAKE THIS CHARMING CADDY AND COASTERS

MAKE THIS CHARMING CADDY AND COASTERS

I’ve been thinking about this month’s project for Allie’s Christmas Through The Year.  When I walked into the Attic Window Quilt Shop last week and saw this charming fabric caddy and its pieced coasters in the Summer 2011 issue of Quilts and More magazine, I knew this was it.  It is so cute!

These are the coasters.  This set was quick and easy to make.  I made everything, the caddy and the coasters, in one morning.  You probably wonder why think about Christmas now.  Like Allie, I’m not going to wait until the last minute this year.  I know I won’t get ALL my projects completed.  However, I will have a head start on the Christmas rush by making one small project each month.   The magazine has 26 quick projects for you to make.  I’m thinking about the cute table runner next! 
 
Here’s something of interest.  I saw this in Vicky Ferguson’s column in the Grand Rapids Press.  Someone asked her about food storage guidelines.  She said that there is a comprehensive food storage list at North Dakota State University Extension.  I checked it out and discovered that there is a lot I don’t know.  For instance, do you know how long you can keep unopened canned goods (I thought forever)?  When does the food start to deteriorate and become unsafe to eat?   How long can you keep an unopened package of hot dogs?  How long if you put them in the freezer?  Gads, I just learned you should only keep bacon in the freezer for one month.  I think I have had some in there for a weeeeee bit longer than that!  I’m printing this off and keeping it on hand.  Thank you Vicky.  I can see that even at my age I still have a lot to learn.


Twelve Crafts has a tutorial for a cute Pillow Buddy for that child in your life.
Stay Positive!
Caroll  
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger