Home » , » MAKE SOME SMALL PROJECTS FOR GIFTS

MAKE SOME SMALL PROJECTS FOR GIFTS


I’ve been concentrating on small gift items lately. Remember the table runner in my previous post? I took a portion of that pattern and appliquéd the flower to a kitchen towel. I found another pattern of a cat and did the same thing. Don’t you think these would make cute gift items? I’m putting them in my gift basket for Christmas.

With some of the leftover fabric from that same table runner, I made a Yo-yo, and applied it to another kitchen towel.  Chris showed me another way of folding fabric to make a flower, so I tried that and placed one on each side of the Yo-yo.  I then appliquéd some leaves to cover those bare ends.

 Then, just because I wanted to use these darling buttons on something, I attached them to the center of the flowers. 


These Jennifer Jangles buttons are all made by hand and are glazed with lead free glazes. You can find them at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. I can see them on so many other items…how about a dress or jacket for your favorite granddaughter?

How about you? Are you participating in Allie’s Christmas Through The Year (see button on sidebar)? She sure has inspired me to get busy on some gifts so I won’t have that last minute panic at the end of this year.

Have you checked out all the new classes at the shop this week? Patriots BOM is new and starts this week. I’ll get a picture for you as soon as the snow stops and I am able to get out. Lee Ann has a tote bag class Wednesday and again Saturday. I really want to take one of her classes. Knotty Girls meets Wednesday night. Vickie has an “All Shook Up” class on Saturday. Her piecing class might be just what this non-piecer needs!

Lilys Quilts has a tutorial for a triple framed pinwheel. You’ll have to see this one. Really unique.

Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger