Home » » FREE PATTERN OR HOW NOT TO LET IT BUG YOU

FREE PATTERN OR HOW NOT TO LET IT BUG YOU


Have you ever noticed how certain things just bother you?  Well, I have.  Take the last month, for instance.  I was being the good little housekeeper (for a change) and actually putting my Halloween decorations away until next year.  Little did I know how much that would bug me.

I had placed a cute little jack-o-lantern wall hanging on the door leading into my kitchen.  It was there for the entire month of October.  I had never had anything there before, but once I took it down and put it away, that empty spot bugged me.  It was like when your kid moves out.  I felt lost, alone, empty.  It was like walking into Mother Hubbard’s Bare Cupboard.  Each day my grumbling grew worse. 

“Just cool it,” my daughter said during her recent visit. She also said, as she looked at my dining room table that there wasn’t a flat surface in my house that didn’t collect things.  She accused me of now attacking the doors.  “Before you know it every door in this house will be covered with a quilt of some kind.”  Well, what’s wrong with that, I wondered as I stared at the bare door.  That empty spot was like fingernails on a blackboard.  I had to do something!  I searched my storage area for an appropriate piece to hang there, but nothing was “just right.” 

 
Therefore, I took charge. 

I decided to fix things once and for all.  I drew this rooster, appliqued it with bright fabrics, did a little embroidery embellishment, and hung it on my door.  (Click on the picture to get a closer view.)  Now, I feel so much better every time I enter my kitchen.  This bright little fellow makes me smile.  I hope he will make you smile too.  You can download the free pattern here.   I want to apologize.  I did not realize the pattern was not all there.  I have corrected it and you can get the full Rooster pattern here.  The individuals pieces are still found at the above/original link. 

A few instructions:  I used the fusing method of applique on this rooster, so if you want to do a different method of applique, be sure and leave about an extra fourth inch of fabric outside the design template.  Important:   Use both the dotted and solid lines for the outline of your template.  The dotted line is only to indicate that the edge goes underneath another fabric (the one next to it on the picture).  I cut my background fabric to about 12 X 13; then after the applique is complete and the quilting done, I cut it down to about 10 X 11.  If you have any questions on how to make Mr. Rooster, feel free to leave a comment or write me an e-mail.  Enjoy!

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!

Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger