Home » » our new baby

our new baby

The brand new BERNINA 780 arrived at the Quilt Shop on Friday.  Lois and Ginny spent their time with it, today was my turn.  First I was surprised how big it was, it is a little smaller than an 830, but not much.   Has a great big space under the needle for machine quilting.  It is very user friendly, easy to use icons to find the stitch or function that you want.  It has a new bobbin, that holds a lot more thread.  So what did I do with it.....
Well, first I tried the straight stitch.  I'm picky about straight stitches, and this one did not let me down, it was beautiful, I tried a few of the decorative stitches, they were great. Then I tried some embroidery.....
I could not believe the beautiful designs that are built into the machine. 
Then I found the perfect one..... so I chose this to make a zippy stripy pouch for my spin class teacher.
It embroidered beautifully.
And then..... we went into unknown territory.  We tried the new Design works, Painting attachment.


It is the neatest attachment, it draws designs onto your fabric with markers.  The designs are embroidery designs, but instead of stitching them, the machine will draw them.  

 
Want to see it in action?  Come to our Super Sew Day on October 13th, we will be demonstrating it along with the Crystal Works attachment too!
Saturday October 13th  10-12..   Call to sign up.... 203-743-0543   Registration fee- $10
Prizes, goodie bags, etc.... all we need is you!
Your $10 registration fee includes snacks, goody bags and chances to win some special prizes! Attend this event and deduct your registration fee from a hands on follow up class on Oct 19 or 22 from 6:30-9:00 and create your own journal! Class fee $35. Supplies included in class fee. Call to reserve your spot! 203-743-0543

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger