Home » , » YOU CAN MAKE THIS BRIGHT BLOCK

YOU CAN MAKE THIS BRIGHT BLOCK

I love this block.  It is called the Lone Starburst and is paper pieced.  You can find the free pattern on the Six White Horses blog.  It took a while to make, but it was worth the time involved.  Just go slow, position your pieces carefully, and you’ll be as pleased as I am.  I thought it would look nice with the last paper pieced block I made and blogged about here.   Buffie was right.  She has made a paper piecer out of me.  I love bright colors and am not very good at traditional piecing.  Paper piecing makes me look like I’m really good at it.  The lines are straight and so far things have matched and the blocks are square!  Whoopie!

ANNOUNCEMENT:
1.    The Shop Swap has been cancelled.
2.    Buffie has added a Tea Leaf class to the calendar – Sept. 22 at 10 a.m.  Call the shop to register.
3.    The West Michigan Quilters’ Guild, “Quilts on the Grand” show is October 5-7 at the DeltaPlex Arena.  Mark your calendar now!
4.    Month of August and September - Sign up for a class and receive a coupon for 1/2 off your second class, good until December 31, 2012. (excludes BOMs, and special events)

 Peck’s Pieces has a number of free patterns.  Scroll down and check out the Halloween patterns.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger