Home » » Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a wonderful day.  I did!  I got everything ready early, so all I had to do was heat things up... which gave me time to SEW!
This is what I made today, another scarf.  This one has cotton on the front and flannel on the back.  I think it still is nice and cozy.
As I was making this I thought about the stitches that we never use.  Most of us use two stitches, straight and zig zag.  I am going to start a new feature on the blog called.... "Meet the stitch".
Today let's meet the honeycomb stitch.  On the BERNINA 830, the honeycomb stitch is on the start up screen as stitch number 8... it might be a different number on your machine, but I bet it is there.
When you stitch it out, it looks like this.....


I used it as a topstitch stitch for the scarf.  It is a decorative stitch for lingerie, table linen, hem finishes, etc. I think it makes a nice topstitch on edges.  You can adjust the balance feature on your machine if you are sewing through thicker fabrics.  
Stay tuned.... we'll meet another stitch tomorrow.
Remember the Quilt Shop is closed tomorrow, but we open at 9 on Saturday to celebrate Small Business Saturday.  Fabric purchases are 20% off.  Tumbler kits and border packs are 15% off.
This is one day only, Saturday November 24th.
Stop in to see our new fabrics!  Stock up for your holiday sewing.  


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger