Home » , , » A SCARY NIGHT AND A FUN DAY

A SCARY NIGHT AND A FUN DAY

This mean looking pirate came knocking on my door Wednesday evening.  Isn’t he scary?  LOL  Earlier, I counted candy as I put it in the basket.  So, by counting the leftovers (three) I must have had 76 Trick or Treaters.  How many did you have?
I’ve been itching to start a new project all week long but have maintained control and worked on UFOs.  Today when I was getting things ready for the Feeling Groovy class tomorrow at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I flipped through the book Skinny Quilts by Kim Schaefer and I lost it.  The Flower Pops quilt screamed out at me.  “I can do that,” I said to myself as I ran through my mind just how I would accomplish that without buying any more fabric.   I am a saver.  I never throw anything out.  This all started when I was big on appliqué and saved every scrap just in case I would need it….well, I just might need that one inch square for a flower center or a button or something.  Consequently I had a huge pile of white fabric.  I dumped it on the floor, rummaged through it, and came up with enough scraps to make the background pieces for the quilt.
Actually, the size of this quilt is for a bed runner, so quite large.  After I had made my 16 blocks I decided I was going to cut down the size and make two table runners.   Here are eight of the blocks I made from scraps.
This is a close up of one of the blocks.  I’ll show you more pictures as I make progress on these quilts.  Now I better get back to getting things ready for class!

On Another Note: Take a look at this cute tote from V and Co.  I think it would make a great Christmas gift, don’t you?

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger