Home » » MODERN MONDAY QUILT IS FINISHED!

MODERN MONDAY QUILT IS FINISHED!

Today when I went to visit my Mom she said, “I’m sick of this snow.  It’s supposed to be summer.  I’m going to call that weatherman and complain.”

I know how she feels, however, not realizing that complaining would do any good, I took advantage of the snowy weather and sewed!  Above is my latest finish.
I love how this quilt turned out.  These Modern Monday blocks were fun to make and I thank Jennifer of 42 Quilts for hosting the sew along.  I understand Lynn at Alamosa Quilter has her blocks finished and will be posting a picture today so be sure and stop by.
Here it is when I first started the quilting.  It sat on the frame for days while I tried to decide what design to use. Finally, frustrated with all our snow, I decided to just do it, and started doing my version of what Angela Walters (her book is Free-Motion Quilting) calls a Geometric All Over.  I think the sharp angles compliment the modern design.
This is the backing I used.  A friend at the Attic Window Quilt Shop gave me several of these kitties, saying I’d know what to do with them.  When thinking about a quilt label, I decided to use one of the kitties and just printed my Grandson’s name and the year on it.  I figured if he took it to college with him, his friends might laugh at “Love, Nana.” 

On Another Note:  The Needless Excellency has a great tutorial for making a spiked Dresden plate.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger