Home » , » SPENCER GETS THE MODERN MONDAY QUILT

SPENCER GETS THE MODERN MONDAY QUILT

I'd like to introduce you to Spencer.  This past Sunday I drove to my son’s house for a birthday party for one of my grandsons.  I took this opportunity to give Spencer his quilt.  If you are new to this blog, the quilt is the one I made during the Modern Monday Quilt Along.  Spencer turned 17 last month, but I didn’t have the quilt finished then.  Isn’t he handsome!
 Here he is as he pulls the quilt out of the bag and opens it.  He looks happy.
 And here he is with it wrapped around him.  I hope it keeps him warm and that he thinks of his old Nana once in a while when he snuggles under it.
 Above, Spencer looks over all the various blocks.  He is such a good kid with a good heart.  Did you notice his hair?  It is in a pony tail.  For the past year he has been letting it grow with plans of donating it to Locks of Love.  He told me he hopes it is long enough for the cut by the time school is out.   Maybe I can get a picture when it happens! Sort of like the big reveal.  ;o)

On Another Note:  Did you know that Gen X Quilters has a Modern BOM?  You can see the tutorials for January and February here.  Looks interesting.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger