Home » , » GRANNY SQUARES GO MODERN

GRANNY SQUARES GO MODERN

One last post for this week.  I wanted to show you what I did with those three Granny Squares I blogged about earlier.  I made them into this table runner for my DIL.  I chose this picture because it shows the quilting. (Click on the picture for a larger view)  I did straight line quilting, which turned out to be a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated.  Maybe it is larger than the other pieces I have used this kind of quilting on, but even though I spray basted AND pinned, I still managed to get some puckers in the back.  (And, No, I didn’t take a picture of that!)  Anyway, from the front I don’t think it looks too bad. 

There is a lot going on at the Attic Window tomorrow.  Buffie has a paper piecing class and Lee Ann has a bag making class.   This dreary weather we are having in Michigan has me needing a pick up!  How about you?  I think the cure for rainy weather blues it a stop in at the shop and pick up some of those beautiful new fabrics that have just arrived.  Hope to see you there!

Diary of a Quilter has a Star Quilt Block Tutorial.

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger