Home » » TRYING SOME HAND QUILTING

TRYING SOME HAND QUILTING

I haven’t been able to get much quilting done between spending time with my DIL at the hospital and spending time on the couch because I’m still tired from my cold.  However, I did see something over on Lynn’s blog that I wanted to try and could do while sitting in the waiting room.  Above is a wonky 12” block that I made last week on the sewing machine.  This week I tried some hand quilting on it.

 This is a close up of my work.  Wow, that black thread sure shows up the need to work on and improve those stitches.  However, I love this block and will make it into a wallhanging or hot mat.  I haven’t decided yet.  Thanks Lynn for giving me the idea.  You can see how Lynn’s finished block looks here.

Knotty Girls meets Wednesday evening and I hope to get up to the Attic Window Quilt Shop and get some pictures for you.  It’s been over a month since I last attended, so I bet there are lots of new projects in the works

Have you seen this blog?  Stop Starting and Start Sewing has an interesting post/tutorial on how to turn one fat quarter into five yards of binding!  Check it out.


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger