Home » » IS A GRANNY SQUARE BLOCK FOR YOU?

IS A GRANNY SQUARE BLOCK FOR YOU?

I was so busy last week that I didn’t get much quilting/sewing done; however, I did want to show you this.  It is the Granny Square block.  I found the tutorial on Blue Elephant Stitches and had to try it.  The above is the block BEFORE it is trimmed into the square.

This is the block after I trimmed it.  This is a fun way to use your scraps and I enjoyed making the blocks.  However…
These three are as far as I intend to go with this block.  I have trouble with piecing and getting things to square up and though these three blocks may look square, they are off just a touch and that drives me crazy.  The tutorial was tremendous.  It is that I lack in piecing skills.  I spent this afternoon turning these three squares into a table runner for my DIL.  I’ll show it to you after it is finished.

I bet this is something you never before thought about making.  Life With Monkey shows you how to make hair curlers.  Check it out.

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger