Home » , » WHO ELSE IS STILL WORKING ON THE MILLIE QUILT?

WHO ELSE IS STILL WORKING ON THE MILLIE QUILT?

It’s raining here today, so it’s a good day to quilt, but what to do?  I refused to let myself start a new project.  Determined to finish some things I had already started, I dug through my UFO pile and found these blocks from the Aunt Millie’s quilt that I started last year. 
I had appliquéd the side borders, but I needed to finished the top and bottom borders.
Then I did a little auditioning.   I decided to use this green for the sashings and made them a little less than an inch wide.  The green was a little strong, (but better than the red and blues that also underwent an audition), and I didn’t want it to overwhelm the blocks.  Now I have to decide on the backing and get it sandwiched and ready to quilt.  Who knows how long that will take?

I think I got so much accomplished today because I was working off some stress. I was still undergoing sticker shock after the last visit to the vet.  This morning the vet called to tell me the problem was that Moe (my cat) has a skin allergy which is probably due to what she is eating.  Thus, off to the pet store to buy new, different, more expensive food for her!  Gads, why do we love our pets so?

When blog hopping today I saw this darling Winter Night pillow at Esch House Quilts.  It would be perfect for the holidays and also as a gift.  Check it out. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger