Home » , » A FRIDAY FINISH

A FRIDAY FINISH

This is my finish for the week.  I used a Jelly Roll to make this quilt and, no, you have not seen this one before.  It just looks the same, but when I showed you this quilt a couple weeks ago, I used a Layer Cake.  When I made the above quilt, I used the same fabric but it was from a Jelly Roll.  The fabric is Happy Campers by American Jane for Moda.  My thinking was that I had so much trouble piecing the layer cake, that surely this precut Jelly Roll would be easier.  In addition, the pattern was from Moda (sorry I forget the name) and looked simple like something I could do.  What a hoot!  I cannot tell you how I struggled making this quilt. 
I was almost ready to give up piecing all together.  Then I changed my mind when I was visiting Sew Happy Me and found instructions for accurate piecing.  I purchased two cans of spray starch, checked and rechecked my sewing machine to make sure I had a scant quarter inch seam, and stacked a pile of leaders and enders by my machine.  I’m ready to make some more stars for the soldiers and I’m hoping they can be more accurate this time.   
Valerie from A Day In May has a nice freebie for you. Visit her blog and click on the link. It will take you to some nice patterns for modern quilts.  This should keep you busy all weekend!  Hope it's a nice one. 
Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger